what am I doing wrong? please tell me

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

jax

what am I doing wrong? please tell me

#1 Post by jax » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Ok, I downloaded ubcd3.4.exe. It finished and ran it. I created a carpet to extract it. Fine. Then, it appeared the iso file and made double click to open it. I have ultraiso app. How can i run the program to watch it? can I do that or is necessary to burn it first?. Anyway, I burned the iso image and when i boot my pc with cd inside nothing happens. I have wasted 5 cd and nothing work. No cd and no file in pc. what am i doing wrong?. help in advanced

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:35 am

Did you check in the BIOS Setup utility that the boot sequence is set so that it tries to boot from CDROM before trying to boot from Hard Disk ?
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

jax

#3 Post by jax » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:31 am

Yes!. 1st boot device( CDROM), 2nd boot device( HDD). I just checked it a few minutes ago.

jax

#4 Post by jax » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:49 am

another question is why in the autorun.inf file it says:

[autorun]
ShellExecute=docs\index.html
icon=ubcd.ico

in one cd i burned, an option was to burned all files generated by the program and when booting it appeared the window index.html. that page is information about the programs inside the ubcd3.4

I dont understand what the problem is.

Constance

#5 Post by Constance » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:17 am

Hmm the HTML documentation shall not appear at boot but when you insert the CD while Windows is loaded and the AutoRun option active for the drive ... how could it be possible that it appears at boot ?
Unless the BIOS itself includes a system capable of that... and that would ignore the boot sector's instructions Image...
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

jax

#6 Post by jax » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:41 am

I dont know. That's why I need help. I burned 5 cd's in many ways and nothing work. The first one I explained in my first post. The second cd I did it in a different way. I copied all files generated by ubcd3.4 and one of them is the autorun.inf. So, when booting that window appeared.
Is that file correct?. I mean, it's ok docs\index.html? it must appear some kind of extension "exe" to run it and not that index.html. it doesnt make any sense that autorun file!

jax

#7 Post by jax » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:00 pm

Finally I solved the problem. I decided to burn it with nero following the tutorials here. thanks anyway.

SteelTrepid

#8 Post by SteelTrepid » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:03 pm

Wow, is that what the tutorials are for?? :?

HippieCat

#9 Post by HippieCat » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:45 pm

UBCD does mean Ultimate BOOT CD..

It's not a executable. The executable one extracts the iso that is supposed to be burnt to disk and then used to boot your computer.

:wink:

Not trying to diss, just thought it was kinda funny, lol.

-HippieCat