In Need of Some Assistance

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Paey

In Need of Some Assistance

#1 Post by Paey » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:08 am

Ok so I am here begging for help as to how do i repair windows vista home edition, seriously i have no clue. Can someone walk me through the steps. So far I have parted magic installed and thats it. I am lost my bf says the system is not recoverable but i really don't believe that. I know their must be a way to do it.

The Piney

Re: In Need of Some Assistance

#2 Post by The Piney » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:52 am

Are you trying to recover data/files or re-install windows? You say you installed Parted Magic, are you saying to installed PM on the hard drive where Windows was installed? The more you write to a drive the less likely you are to recover files. If you are trying to recover anything from the drive, do nothing till you know exactly what you are going to do, especially installing and/or copying anything to the drive.

Provide a more detailed description of what happened and what you have done so far and this will help with further instructions.

StopSpazzing

Re: In Need of Some Assistance

#3 Post by StopSpazzing » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:56 pm

As The Piney has asked, more information is required.

If windows Vista isnt bootable or fails to boot or something is corrupt you can use the following guide to repair the installation: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236 ... vista.html

Tho if something is corrupt, then you may need a new HDD or need to run a 'check disk' before repairing windows. Again this depends on the problem you are having.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.