Unable to add PC-Check to UBCD

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

buckboy223

Unable to add PC-Check to UBCD

#1 Post by buckboy223 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Our company currently has PC-CHECK so I make a bootable iso, which works great in a virtual machine. But when I try to add it to the ubcd I am unable to load the program. Has anyone ever added pc-check to their disc? I saw some forums but they remain unanswered. Any help or guidance would he appreciated.

The Piney

Re: Unable to add PC-Check to UBCD

#2 Post by The Piney » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:39 pm

It can be difficult to help when the program/tool is not freeware. It would help to know what you tried to do, the steps you used to add it to UBCD such as files added along with location and any config file edits that you made. What exactly happens when you try to boot the PC-Check ISO?

buckboy223

#3 Post by buckboy223 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:58 pm

I added my iso to \ubcd\custom folder
Then edited the custom.cfg and added the following:

Code: Select all

LABEL -
MENU LABEL PcCheck
TEXT HELP
 Pc-Check Diagnostic
ENDTEXT
LINUX /boot/syslinux/memdisk
INITRD /ubcd/custom/pc-check.iso
APPEND iso raw
Then I get the following image:
[img]http://postimg.org/image/p2ba8uvzt/
[/img]

The Piney

#4 Post by The Piney » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Image ---> Can't get the image to show, perhaps because it's a PNG file?

By the picture you posted it appears your booting in a virtual machine, have you tried booting a live system? By the picture it also appears that it's having some issue with the ISO image but continuing then an error pops up while booting the ISO/Win98 boot disk.

If you do a dir at the A: prompt does anything show up? If you get a directory listing, can you start PC-Check from there?

buckboy223

#5 Post by buckboy223 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:21 am

I finally got it to work, I added it as a dos application by following the tutorial here :http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/customize.html

However it takes forever to load up. I believe it is because it is unpacking all the other cab files. Are all of those necessary, or could I modify something so it boots directly to my dos APP?

Victor Chew

#6 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:19 pm

The system CAB files are part of FDUBCD, which is a rather complicated but flexible boot system.

The application CAB files (found in DOSAPPS) do not get expanded during the boot process.

If you want a faster boot, you should create your own DOS image and boot it up directly.