Ad-Aware, AVG Anti-Spyware, and Spybot

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

tacoman359

Ad-Aware, AVG Anti-Spyware, and Spybot

#1 Post by tacoman359 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:37 pm

They are all great anti-spyware tools, I think they should be added to UBCD, if at all possible. I'm pretty sure the SE version of Ad-Aware is possible, but I've never heard of AVGAS or Spybot on a bootable CD but I'm sure someone with enough knowledge can make it happen.

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:32 pm

As far as I know, these are Windows only programs ... some must already be in UBCD4Win, and if I'm right about them being for Windows, there is no chance they would be on UBCD.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

The Piney

#3 Post by The Piney » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:40 am

Ad-Aware and Spybot are both already included with UBCD4Win as Constance stated. The AVGAS had a plugin available, but was for the version prior to being bought/taken over by AVG - I forget the exact name but it was something like Eidos or Eiwidos. I'm not sure but another might have been available afterward but I think it was still a work in progress.

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:01 am

The Piney wrote:[...] I forget the exact name but it was something like Eidos or Eiwidos.
Ewido. (Eidos is a game publisher :p )
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.