UBCD did not recognize my keyboard?!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ADougRay

UBCD did not recognize my keyboard?!

#1 Post by ADougRay » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:00 am

Hi,

I booted fine from my UBCD this morning but the main session seemed to ignore anything I typed on the keyboard. I have a relatively new Hewlett Packard Pavillion dv9000 with dual AMD 64 bit processors. Since too much of the Vista Ultimate system that shipped with the unit would not work, I've reverted back to Windows XP Pro. I can't see why that would matter since the UBCD should be loading its own drivers. I'm not aware of any oddities that would be incorporated in the hardware keyboard, but I could not get ANY keys to work. Once Windows booted, the keyboard worked perfectly. I tried booting the CD twice. Neither time was the keyboard recognized.

Sorry to report this but I figured you'd be interested.

Thanks,
Doug Ray

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:35 am

Well is it some kind of wireless / USB thingy ?
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

ADougRay

USB?

#3 Post by ADougRay » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:54 am

Hi,

Maybe, but the CD/DVD reader/writer is integrated into the unit - which is to say the CD device is not obviously USB attached. The device is listed as TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D.

The keyboard is also integral to the laptop. I have no idea what to tell you about the keyboard, other than it is not a wireless keyboard.

Please let me know what more I can do to help with this.

Thanks,
Doug Ray