trying to customize ubcd

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

DCX

trying to customize ubcd

#1 Post by DCX » Sat May 28, 2005 10:04 pm

hey, i've been trying to customize the ultimate boot cd but no luck in the programs that i have been putting in. so what i wanted to do was add 2 programs and update dft. one of the programs that i wanted to add which is easy drive ( i know it's out of date and stuff but we use it for work). fortunately, someone already made a cd with easy drive on there as an .img file already so i just popped that in and it works. what i wanted to add next was disk manager for dos which i got from http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghos ... berdos.asp
i made a .img after i created a floppy with the utility. but i have tried everything and the program did not work. then i used gzip for windows converted it and still does not work. i even tried using new floppies and no luck.

as far as dft goes, i downloaded the iso from their site and converted that to .img, then same thing with gzip. no luck in there either. all it does it just says that it's booting and hangs there. i don't want to use their tool to make floppies because if i run dft, it ends up giving a little error that there's no floppy in there and i have to press a key to skip that.

as far as editing the .scn's... i edited the hdd and hdd2 pages instead of using the custom. i copied from other pages and edited what i needed to. here's an example.

if ($lastKey == key[f2]); then memdisk /images/diskmanager.igz

that didn't work so i tried what's below and put the files from the floppy to a folder in the dosapps folder and that just brings me to a few menus and doesn't go into the program.

if ($lastKey == key[f1]); then isolinux memdisk initrd=/images/ez.img ubcdcmd=easydrive
if ($lastKey == key[f2]); then isolinux memdisk initrd=/images/freedos.img ubcdcmd=diskmanager

i guess i'm not making the igz files correctly or i'm missing something here. any help would be great. oh yeah, one more thing. the link above gives me a tool to create a bootable floppy with disc manager AND dft. does anyone know where i can find a copy of disk manager dos just by itself? thanks.

bldrdash

trying to customize ubcd

#2 Post by bldrdash » Sat May 28, 2005 10:35 pm

>
> if ($lastKey == key[f1]); then isolinux memdisk
> initrd=/images/ez.img ubcdcmd=easydrive
> if ($lastKey == key[f2]); then isolinux memdisk
> initrd=/images/freedos.img ubcdcmd=diskmanager
>
>

Unzip your image files and try any of the following:

if ($lastKey == key[f2]); then diskemu \images\yourImage.img

or

if ($lastKey == key[f2]); then bcdw Boot \images\yourImage.img

can also try

if ($lastKey == key[f2]); then bcdw Boot \images\yourISO.iso

DCX

#3 Post by DCX » Sat May 28, 2005 11:46 pm

thanks a lot. that helped and it's all working now!!!!!!!!!

DCX

#4 Post by DCX » Sat May 28, 2005 11:46 pm

oh yeah, just wondering now if anyone knows where i can find disk manager dos prefereably version 9.0 or up without buying the windows version?

Victor Chew

trying to customize ubcd

#5 Post by Victor Chew » Sun May 29, 2005 7:29 pm

I am not sure about the others, but I can comment on DFT.

If you are adding an ISO image, use diskemu or bcdw, since memdisk will
not boot ISO images. Even diskemu or bcdw's support for ISO is limited,
so don't expect it to work in every case. If a floppy disk image is
available (as in the case for DFT), use that instead.