Basically, I chose to use the first method as I feel it's "cleaner":
1. Copy contents of UBCD into HDD as per the customization instructions.
2. Create a subdirectory called custom under UBCD root directory.
3. Download System Rescue CD ISO image and place it in the custom subdirectory as syrescue.iso (note the 8.3 filename).
4. Extract sysrcd.dat (about 98MB) from the root directory of syrescue.iso into the root directory of UBCD.
5. Update boot/menus/custom.scn to boot System Rescue CD, I use:
Code: Select all
if ($lastKey == key[f1]); then diskemu /custom/syrescue.iso
I hope this helps someone looking to do something similar.