Combining UBCD UBCD4Win DSL SysRescueCD & Booting from U

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Monsuco

Combining UBCD UBCD4Win DSL SysRescueCD & Booting from U

#1 Post by Monsuco » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:08 pm

I recently bought a 2 GB flash drive and decided to put the Ultimate Boot CD on it. I don't want to stop there. I want to see if I can customize it to include Damn Small Linux, System Rescue CD, and Ultimate Boot CD For Windows. I was wondering if this is even possible? I found guides for integrating DSL and integrating System Rescue CD and of course there is information on how to boot from USB, so that all seems easy.

I can't find anything really on how to boot UBCD 4.1.1 and UBCD4Win 3.20. How do I do that?

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:19 pm

If you have UBCD4Win, just check out the plugins area under Multiboot.. UBCD (DOS/LINUX) plugin already has been included. I don't add the two so I'm not sure if the included DSL and System Rescue CD would work when merged into UBCD (DOS/LINUX) this way, but you can give it a shot..

Post back if it works or not and myself and others can try to help further..

Icecube

#3 Post by Icecube » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:10 pm

You can boot UBCD4WIN also with isolinux, which makes it easier to include the other distros. But you have to do it yourself. Search for info on the web, I have found it some time ago, but I don't remember where iI found it.
Last edited by Icecube on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsuco

#4 Post by Monsuco » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Icecube wrote:You can boot UBCD4WIN also with isolinux
How do you do that out of curiosity. I think all four use isolinux so can I use that to multiboot them somehow?

Monsuco

#5 Post by Monsuco » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Ok, I'll figure the rest out, I just need to know how to combine UBCD and UBCD4Win? I'll figure the rest out.

Monsuco

#6 Post by Monsuco » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:37 pm

The Piney wrote:
Post back if it works or not and myself and others can try to help further..
Ok, I did the UBCD4Win build just as you said, and followed the instructions on the UBCD4Win forum to boot it from USB, but for some reason, UBCD is not showing up in the boot menu. How do I fix that?

Edit: I should mention I do see the UBCD files so I know it worked.