how can i read a BSOD

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

wwagmeister

how can i read a BSOD

#1 Post by wwagmeister » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:12 am

i am still having reboot probs, i am running windows xp i have no installation discs or boot discs. when i switch on my computer goes to F8 set up i have tried safe mode and last known good config but to no avail, so i enter on the launch winows normally, i get the windows xp screen then very briefly the blue screen of death with text that i dont have time to read and then back to the F8 menu
using UBCD is there any way i can slow down the boot up so i can read the text on the blue screen or any other way of gaining access to this blue screen so i can find out what maybe wrong.
i have been told it maybe a hardware issue but i am sure if i could gain access to this BSOD it would be the shortest solution to my probs
many thanx

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:14 am

Try to take a picture, you need a fast digital camera or an analog camera.

as702

#3 Post by as702 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:53 am

doesn't windows dump the BSOD to a file? if you could access the drive and search for it (can't remember the location - google it), you should be able to see what xp is complaining about.

if you type "NTFS" at the command prompt on UBCD4.11/5.xx, you should then be able to access the log file (use VC to browse to the location).

wwagmeister

bsod

#4 Post by wwagmeister » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:54 am

thanx guys managed to access bsod by using my camra video seems i got software or hardware issue cheers ta