It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:46 pm 

I am somewhat new to this so I need some help.

I have a 32gb usb pendrive with pclinuxos minime installed with persistant features. This partition is 10G. I have another partition that is 5 gigs. I want to install Ubcd on the 5gig partition and have an option to boot into it added into the default boot menu for pclinuxos minime. I have no idea how to do this. Should I use a linux to extract the ubcd iso to the partition on the usb drive and somehow add a line to the boot menu of pclinuxos minime to reference whatever will start ubcd? How would I do this?

Sincerely,

Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 am 

Does pclinuxos use syslinux or grub as bootloader?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:17 am 

It is using syslinux. I have found the cfg file and know that i can add an item in there for it but I am unsure of the coding. also, could I just put the entire contents of the cd onto that partition and use it that way? Ideally speaking do I really need five gigs for ubcd?

Stephen

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]