How to add pclinuxos minime 0.93a to UBCDv4

If you have a tutorial or tip related to the UBCD, why not share it with other users here?

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

deedot

How to add pclinuxos minime 0.93a to UBCDv4

#1 Post by deedot » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi im using for some time now ubcd v2.x 3.x 4.x and customising it to fit my needs and i tought i should share how i integrate pclinuxos minime 0.93a to ubcd v4

1) extract ubcd iso to a folder ex. c:\ubcd4
2) create a directory to put pclinuxos files into ex. c:\ubcd4\pclos
3) extract the files from pclinuxos-p93a-minime.iso to c:\ubcd4\pclos and the file livecd.sqfs to c:\ubcd4
4) edit c:\ubcd4\custom\custom.cfg so that it looks like this :

LABEL PC Linux OS
MENU LABEL Pc Linux OS
KERNEL /pclos/isolinux/vmlinuz
APPEND livecd=initrd initrd=/pclos/isolinux/initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 noapic nolapic psmouse.proto=imps acpi=ht vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto

5) rebuild the iso and your done

im not an that good with linux but as i look around for solutions this one seems to work.

grayfox

It works

#2 Post by grayfox » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:35 am

Just to let you know, it working for me.
Thank You :lol:

deedot

#3 Post by deedot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:45 am

pclinuxos 2008 is out for a while now. Ill wait for the ubcd 5 release and ill post another howto for the 2008 version and ubcd 5. :)

Scoundrel

#4 Post by Scoundrel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 am

deedot wrote:pclinuxos 2008 is out for a while now. Ill wait for the ubcd 5 release and ill post another howto for the 2008 version and ubcd 5. :)
been trying to build my own MM08 rescue ..sadly lost it due to complete harddrive failure :roll: :roll: how ironic is that...

saw your post and got interested in your idea..
got the link here from Old-Polack @ pclos forum after seeking his help with my harddrive failure ..good thing ..downloaded the UBCD V5.0b4 .. pretty thorough tool that.. mightily impressed with it..

so I just thought I'd say hi and let you know, that I am waiting to test your idea ....

what if anything should be installed on the MM08 before doing your magic?..aside from the update of course..and the normal stuff like FF and such..

you using / or both / and /home ..?

so many questions :D

If you have the time and inclination ..could you set up an A-Z for idjits ?? purdy please :oops: :oops: