Computer won't boot up after using UBCD

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bwrx02

Computer won't boot up after using UBCD

#1 Post by bwrx02 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Hello all,

After using the boot up to dos boot up function in UBCD and restarting my computer, my computer just beeps (continuous and doesn't stop). I don't even see the Acer's logo screen after the system is initially powered up. Not sure but do you think that I might have changed something in the BIOs? I just brought this computer one week ago. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this issue in the past.

Thanks,

-J

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:18 pm

That could mean several things including bad RAM, Power issues, motherboard and/or CPU problems, video, etc. What is the BIOS (AMI, AWARD, etc)? Also if you let it go does it stop or really beep continuously, are they short beeps, long beeps or a mix of short and long?

Have to been inside the case at all? If so, make sure all the connectors, cards and RAM are seated well.

as702

Re: Computer won't boot up after using UBCD

#3 Post by as702 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 am

What version of UBCD are you using?

grayfox

Helping you out

#4 Post by grayfox » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 am

1. Is this a new computer ?
2. Can you boot up ok without the UBCD disk ?
3. What change did you make in BIOS ?
Let us know and we can go from there.

bwrx02

#5 Post by bwrx02 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:09 am

Thank you all for the reply. As for the BIOS, this computer contains a AMI. I didn't modify the BIOS directly. After using UBCD to boot into dos mode, my computer just beeps (short) continuously without stopping. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jay

as702

#6 Post by as702 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:30 am

bwrx02 wrote:Thank you all for the reply. As for the BIOS, this computer contains a AMI. I didn't modify the BIOS directly. After using UBCD to boot into dos mode, my computer just beeps (short) continuously without stopping. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jay
So you can boot into DOS mode then. Are there any error messages generated? What's the last message you see printed on-screen?
"If you think things can't get any worse it's probably because you lack sufficient imagination."

grayfox

#7 Post by grayfox » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:37 am

bwrx02 wrote:
Thank you all for the reply. As for the BIOS, this computer contains a AMI. I didn't modify the BIOS directly. After using UBCD to boot into dos mode, my computer just beeps (short) continuously without stopping. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
bwrx02
Did you download UBCD over the int. or do you have a CD disk and What version of UBCD are you using?

Icecube

#8 Post by Icecube » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Remove the ubcd cd from the cdrom station.
Power down the PC completely. Remove the power cable (to be sure that the pc doesn't contain any electricity) and put it back in.

Power up the pc, hopefully it works now or at least the BIOS.

If not, power down the PC completely. Remove the power cable. Remove the cmos battery on you mobo (search the internet for more information), put the battery back in place after a minute or so (a few seconds should be enough. Check also if all connectors on your mobo are connected properly (should be right normally).
Power up the pc and pray :D .

Normally booting to freedos shouldn't chance anything to your BIOS, unless you have done a BIOS update from within freedos of course.
bwrx02 wrote:After using UBCD to boot into dos mode, my computer just beeps (short) continuously without stopping.
Do you see any text messages? Write it down or take a picture and post it, so we can get an idea.

vodester

#9 Post by vodester » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:06 am

I have just had a very similar issue.

Booted to 4.11, got to a: prompt. rebooted again and the processor fan makes a noise but nothing else.

it's a hp nc4000 laptop. don't event get HP splash screen when i turn it on. No keyboard interaction, screen blank.

Power to usb ports but nothing else.

any ideas?