Example of XP CD

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

caceboot

Example of XP CD

#1 Post by caceboot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Where do I get an 'XP CD' as mentioned in step 2 of 'Extracting, setting up and building UBCD4WIN' (How to build Ultimate Boot CD for Windows' webpage). My Machine came with windows installed and a few CD's for rebuild. I also bought window XP upgrade on CD some time back. I'm not sure if either is what you mean in that step and what exactly I am to copy to a folder on my hard drive ...

StopSpazzing

Re: Example of XP CD

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 pm

caceboot wrote:Where do I get an 'XP CD' as mentioned in step 2 of 'Extracting, setting up and building UBCD4WIN' (How to build Ultimate Boot CD for Windows' webpage). My Machine came with windows installed and a few CD's for rebuild. I also bought window XP upgrade on CD some time back. I'm not sure if either is what you mean in that step and what exactly I am to copy to a folder on my hard drive ...
I believe it has to be a Windows install disc not an upgrade disc. So you would have to own a windows install disc. Its not free.

What you would do is put the cd into the cdrom drive and select that drive that contains the proper disc by clicking the "..." button next to the "source" box and selecting the drive that contains the disc.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.