Reading source files

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

colvillejeff

Reading source files

#1 Post by colvillejeff » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Last week, I started experiencing a problem with my computer. When I download some software to my computer and try to open up the exe file, I get a message "an error occurred while trying to read the source file". "The source file is corrupted."

If I don't get that message, I get "The application failed to initialze properly (0xc0000005) consistently.

I have checked my DLL with all of the microsoft fixes known. I have run Spyware Doctor which is running in the background now. No change. I ran RegCure which showed me lots of errors and broken links which it fixed.

Has anyone got a clue as to where this error is coming from and how to fix it? Thanks from NE Washington.

StopSpazzing

Re: Reading source files

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:54 pm

colvillejeff wrote: I get a message "an error occurred while trying to read the source file". "The source file is corrupted."

If I don't get that message, I get "The application failed to initialze properly (0xc0000005) consistently.

Remove the application exe, clear your browser cache, then re-dl the program exe. Seems it became corrupted and wasnt dled correctly. Make sure you clear your browsers cache before re-dling to ensure that you have a new file and not the same one.

If it shows the same error again, would first try checking if there is a different download location (Mirror) and try dling from there. Sometimes software gets corrupted and people dont know till someone starts complaining. This is why often places provide "md5" and "sha1" hash numbers, so you can confirm that the file you dled is the proper file.

Would check your hard drive for errors aswell, just in case.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.