Help, PC came with no XP CD's

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

rorsino

Help, PC came with no XP CD's

#1 Post by rorsino » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:01 am

Hello, I have an HP Pavillion 8574C. The HP's do NOT come with Windows XP CD's. The install programs are on a seperate partition on the hard drive. Well when I boot my PC it says it can not find the Operating System.

What do I do now to build UBCD?

Thanks
Robert

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:58 am

As your booting up press F10 and it should take you to the restore program unless that has been corrupted. Also, if this is a newer HP you should be able to build a restore set of CD/DVDs, just search around the start menu under HP and you should find it. The 8574C is not coming up under the HP site search, it's only showing 8570c then 8575c. If this is an older 98/ME system, you'll have to get the restore CD/DVDs somewhere. Try Ebay or other sites.

dvdbrwn112

HP NO XP CD

#3 Post by dvdbrwn112 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:54 am

I suggest you to refresh you harddisk so it automatically detected and your laptop will start. I faced a same problem in my dell laptop but when I refresh my Harddisk. It started well and now It is working perfectly.
In case of XP gone,
HP is not providing Any Windows XP CD. They are Providing XP recovery CD. Using this CD you can get the XP back. You can get the XP recovery CD from the Internet also.