CD wont boot

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

martinmacca

CD wont boot

#1 Post by martinmacca » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:43 am

Hi, ive followed the instructions to customize the UBCD, but im having a problem making the cd bootable. Im using WinIso to make the Iso image but the cd doesnt boot. Which file in the directory contains the boot information that makes the CD boot?

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:59 pm

Did you use mkisofs to make the image? If so, there is no need to use WinISO to make it bootable.

bldrdash

CD wont boot

#3 Post by bldrdash » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:42 am

If mkisofs isn't working for you then the boot file you're
looking for is loader.bin in the boot directory.

martinmacca

#4 Post by martinmacca » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:08 am

Thanks - no mkisofs didnt work - it started an msdos window scrolling through hundreds of paths but would stop with an error message saying duplicate entry found - unable to create data tree, tried it on another drive with the same error. So thought it would be easier to make the iso with another program which has now worked.
Cheers :)

ryguy1233

#5 Post by ryguy1233 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:15 am

so i need to use a special program to mount an .iso image? Ive always used alcohol 120% for it with windows but never knew it was required (i mean, if it is required). just let me know if i am wrong and if i can just use a regular burner.
just to recap... what i need to do is download the .exe file, then double-click it and it should turn into an .iso or something? then burn that with a regular or special program? and if i do need a special program i can use that prog mentioned in this thread? thanks for the help. you can email me at ryguy1233 {at!} gmail {dot!} com if you want

Victor Chew

#6 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:42 pm

If all you are interested in is to burn the pre-built ISO image (as opposed to customizing the image), you are free to use any burner such as Nero, Easy CD Creator etc, any burner that supports burning an ISO image.