invalid system disk

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

rmt333

invalid system disk

#1 Post by rmt333 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi,
thanks for any help you guys can provide. I downloaded the 4.1.1 iso image and burnt it to a CD...however when i try to boot to the cd I am getting an error saying "Invalid system disk"

I am trying to run diagnostics on a laptop that when it boots to a recovery CD gets an error saying "ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded error code 7"

let me know what may be the issue. I am trying to isolate the hardware issue on this machine.

StopSpazzing

Re: invalid system disk

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:04 pm

rmt333 wrote:Hi,
thanks for any help you guys can provide. I downloaded the 4.1.1 iso image and burnt it to a CD...however when i try to boot to the cd I am getting an error saying "Invalid system disk"

I am trying to run diagnostics on a laptop that when it boots to a recovery CD gets an error saying "ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded error code 7"

let me know what may be the issue. I am trying to isolate the hardware issue on this machine.
If both CD's get errors from them from the same cd-rom, then it seems your CD-rom is either dirty, or damaged. Try the both disc's in another computer, if both work fine you know its the cd-rom. In that case open the cd-rom and blow gently on the lens to remove any dirt or debris that may be covering the laser lens. Do NOT touch or WIPE the lens with anything as it can be easily scratched. If this doesn't fix the problem, try removing the drive, checking the connections on the back and if it looks fine, reinstalling it and trying again.

If they both error again, then recovery is probably dirty and needs to be cleaned. The UBCD CD may have been dled improperly, or burned improperly.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

rmt333

#3 Post by rmt333 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm

thanks for the help stopspazzing.

I have gone as far as replacing the cd-rom....

do you think if the memory was fried the UBCD won't work?

the CD does work on other laptops.

StopSpazzing

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:30 am

rmt333 wrote:thanks for the help stopspazzing.

I have gone as far as replacing the cd-rom....

do you think if the memory was fried the UBCD won't work?

the CD does work on other laptops.

For both cd's, yes. It has to load items into memory. Try removed the memory modules and having them swap positions, and reinsert them. Sometimes they slowly get dislodged and that can fix the problem. Or one of the memory sticks is dmged as you said, if that is the case try use each stick seperatly at a time and see if that fixes your problem, and if it is, then ofcourse will be to be replaced.

You may also want to try removing the battery and running directly off of AC because if the battery is dying, may give incorrect voltages and cause a whole range of problems.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.