No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

tsmorty

No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found

#1 Post by tsmorty » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 am

I have ran into an issue. After downloading 5.0.2 and checking the hash of the ISO I get a76cd6e57aabadf93671ea6c4b57cd3a. Which from another forum is working. The computers are a Dell Optiplex 580 with A01 BIOS. I have also tested the CD in another computer of a different model and it works. Also tested it on another computer of another model and no go.
The Error is:
ISOLINUX 3.86 2010-04-01 ETCD Copyright......(There is more on this first line but I guessed the rest wouldn't matter)
No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!
boot:

Any Ideas? I guessing ISO linux is choking on something with this model just not sure if their is anyway to get around this.
Thanks
Todd

Icecube

Re: No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found

#2 Post by Icecube » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 am

Can you exactly tell on which PCs it deesn't work (+ BIOS model and version number)?
Do you have any CD-RWs for testing?
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

tsmorty

#3 Post by tsmorty » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Doesn't work on the following model:
Dell Optiplex 580
BIOS:
American Megatrends v 02.58
Dell A01
AMD 785G

Let me know if their is anything else.
Thanks
Todd

annoyed

#4 Post by annoyed » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:50 am

Just burned 5.0.3 to a quality disc which worked on other systems but getting this error on my new system. It's a white box build and here are the specs:

Main: Asus M4A88TD-M/USB3
BIOS: 0901 (American Megatrends)
Chipset: AMD 880G north, SB850 south
Optical: Asus DRW-24B1ST SATA DVD burner (firmware 1.04)
Settings: BIOS set to AHCI mode for all six SATA ports. DVD-RW set to boot first. The "boot slow-down / pause" trickery does nothing.

--Update edit--
The ultimatebootcd loaded normally when the optical drive's SATA ports were set to IDE mode in BIOS; I also overlooked the fact the other system it worked on had an older PATA drive so no problems there. Didn't see anything about UBCD requiring IDE mode in the readme so I'm sorry if it's there and I missed it.