nvidia boot agent issue

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

alequaff

nvidia boot agent issue

#1 Post by alequaff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 am

Hello everyone, I am using the UBCD 5.0.2. I generally use it for memtesting which was the purpose of my recent use but I seem to be having an unexpected issue. When I removed the cd and rebooted the computer to go back to windows the system keeps trying to boot to the cd. I get a message that looks like this:

NVIDIA Boot Agent 249.0542
Copyright ..... NVIDIA Corp
Copyright ..... Intel Corp
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent.

This message pops up about 4 or 5 times then decides it is infact not going to be able to boot to the cd and a new line pops up saying:

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

When I press enter it will boot from the HD and take me to windows. This has never happened to me when using the UBCD before so perhaps my clumsy fingers hit something I shouldn't have, I am supposed to give this comp back to my buddy I was trying to help out soon and would like to get rid of this issue so any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Ale

ady

Re: nvidia boot agent issue

#2 Post by ady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 am

It seems the BIOS is configured to first try to boot from a remote location, and then the second option (still in the BIOS) is to boot to the HDD when the first boot attempt fails.

If you haven't changed anything in the BIOS (specially the boot order settings in it), and the system battery (that powers the BIOS) wasn't touched, then you haven't changed anything and that's the way it was configured before. If that's the case, then you can give the system back to its owner.

alequaff

#3 Post by alequaff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 am

Ya know what, you were right. This bios had an option under the HD booting to check an "add in card" before trying to boot to the HD, I must have changed the order. I feel kinda stupid now being in the IT field. Thanks for nudging me back on the right track victor, I was getting really worried heh.

Thanks,
Ale

ady

#4 Post by ady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm

You are welcome, even if my name is not Victor :)

alequaff

#5 Post by alequaff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Haha my bad man, the email said victor.

StopSpazzing

#6 Post by StopSpazzing » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

alequaff wrote:Haha my bad man, the email said victor.
Then email was from victor, the owner and creator of UBCD, as an automated message notifying you that someone had replied to your message. :D
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.