Dell Bootable Diag ISOs

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Scott Cooper

Dell Bootable Diag ISOs

#1 Post by Scott Cooper » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:06 pm

Dell offers bootable ISOs troubleshooting their systems, and I can get it to work with the option

boot bcdw \custom\cdd_1280.iso

Edit - When I move the USB mouse at the first GUI screen of the Dell software the program crashes, but after I select the test option via the keyboard the USB works normally.

Is there an option to turn off the USB with bcdw? Any other options?

Victor you may want to look at including this diagnostic.
Last edited by Scott Cooper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

baronvonfoxbat7734

#2 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:31 pm

I also use the Dell diags. Although... I removed them from the iso's and CD's and added the directly into my disk. I can't run the memory tests in the delldiags this way but I still get to run them. Might be worth a shot...

Scott Cooper

#3 Post by Scott Cooper » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:45 pm

Baron how did you add them directly to the disk? The ISO I have does not show the files in Windows as Dell intentionally hides them, even when using WinImage or WinRAR.

baronvonfoxbat7734

#4 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:17 am

All the iso's I have seen from Dell havehad the files visible... Another way to get them would be to visit the support.dell.copm website and download the HardDrive variant of the diag software. If you get the floppy base software, it will be 4 disks and i have not been able to successfully get those onto the UBCD and work. But the HD ones I have got to work except for the memeory tests due to how the disk works. Plus you can put multiple version like I have so you can test a multitude of Dell machines unless you are in a Homogeneous shop... I am in a Heterogeneous shop with a multitude of Dell form factors and antiquity.

Scott Cooper

#5 Post by Scott Cooper » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 am

I have figured out how to add the Dell Diags under dosapps.

The included Dell memory test also works.