boot usb stick as "el Torrito"

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

johnnyzero

boot usb stick as "el Torrito"

#1 Post by johnnyzero » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi all

I would like to boot ubcd from USB stick and use "xfdisk" to format a local HDD
and use volkov to copy 3 files from USB stick to the new formated drive.

i have troed RMprepusb and i have got a boot USB stick with volkov commander but i dont seem to get the "El torrito" standard on my
USB boot, the USB stick shows as C: in xfdisk and in Volkov commander.

is there a step-by-step guide to get USB stick to appear as A: - so i can format the local HDD and not the USB stick :)

ady

Re: boot usb stick as "el Torrito"

#2 Post by ady » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:55 am

In VC you have the option to see other "drives" ("A:", "C:",...). In one panel you select the "drive" where you currently have the 3 files, and in the second panel you select the destination "drive".

Evidently, for VC to be able to see the destination partition, you need to "create" that partition (partition your HDD, with xfdisk or some other partitioning tool), (generally speaking, then reboot) and then the partition needs to be formatted (and again, generally speaking, then reboot). Since VC runs in DOS, the fs format needs to be FAT16/32. Under these circumstances, you should be able to change and see the "drives" in VC.

If the partition is formatted with other fs, you should choose a different OS (not DOS) to transfer those 3 files.

johnnyzero

Re: boot usb stick as "el Torrito"

#3 Post by johnnyzero » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:58 am

stayed up late and found out that the local hdd was d: copied files needed to fat16 and edited one file in VC. i rebboted and the machine booted with desired OS. so even if i get drive as d: it booted correctly.