IBM/Hitachi Hard Drive Testing Tool query

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

hotlips69

IBM/Hitachi Hard Drive Testing Tool query

#1 Post by hotlips69 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:28 am

This is a query that has been bugging me for a long time, but this is the first time I've thought of actually mentioning it.

I probably use UBCD 90% of the time for the Hard Drive Diagnostics section to do full tests on whatever brand drive I've got to test!

I'd say more often than not, when I try & use the IBM/Hitachi tool, it gets to the bit where it says starting DFT (or similar) and freezes & the tool never starts. :(

Has anyone else had this issue? :?:

This happens on whatever laptop I'm using at the time with whatever size/model of 2.5" hard drive of these brands, so is not machine/drive specific.

ady

Re: IBM/Hitachi Hard Drive Testing Tool query

#2 Post by ady » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 am

For each boot item in UBCD, you will see a help text. Some of the IBM/Hitachi tools do no support every single model, but just a range.

In addition, UEFI systems are not supported, as most of the tools depend on BIOS, including those from IBM/Hitachi.

Sometimes there could be some driver that might have some conflict. In those cases, you could boot with no drivers and test different combinations.

Victor Chew

#3 Post by Victor Chew » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Does it have anything to do with the mouse driver?

In UBCD V5.3.3, the mouse driver for Drive Fitness Test has been disabled in AUTOEXEC.BAT. See if it helps.

hotlips69

#4 Post by hotlips69 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:54 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D