GParted won't load

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

idlerwheel

GParted won't load

#1 Post by idlerwheel » Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm

I'm using TUBCD v5.3.0.

GParted won't complete loading when launched within PartitionMagic. I've had the identical problem when obtaining PartitionMagic from a different source. This happens even when I launch PartitionMagic in fail-safe mode. PartitionMagic's other utilities load OK for me.

Is there a different way to load GParted, by itself, without doing this via PartitionMagic?

Thanks.

Richard

The Piney

Re: GParted won't load

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue May 07, 2019 12:10 am

You can try downloading the newest version of GParted Live --> https://gparted.sourceforge.io/livecd.php

Other Linux Live CD/DVDs may work for you as well.

More info would help also - Brand/Model, MotherBoard, errors, etc.

idlerwheel

Re: GParted won't load

#3 Post by idlerwheel » Wed May 08, 2019 8:23 am

Hi, Piney.

I was a bit confused myself because I'm working on two machines. I just tried my routine again on the Lenovo H415 3099-1VU desktop, and It turns out that, from TUBCD v5.3.0, Parted Magic runs fine, complete with its GParted. (On that machine, both versions of Hiren's Boot Disk won't even load any version of Parted Magic at all!)

The issue that I reported here, then, happened with my Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, the version with the Intel Core i5 processor. I don't regard the problem as too serious right now because I'm going to need GParted, and it looks like I can load GParted OK from other sources to this laptop.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks to me that Parted Magic is simply a graphic loading environment for other peoples' free utilities, of which GParted is only one of the offerings. So, from my point of view, who needs Parted Magic? Just dump the thing and move on. That's my 2 cents. Thanks for your reply.

Richard