Newbie Question. UB Next HD during boot etc

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

jonhconstantine11

Newbie Question. UB Next HD during boot etc

#1 Post by jonhconstantine11 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi all,

Quite sure this has been asked but newbie here to this program.

I am trying to load the boot / winloade.exe for a Sata drive that contains an old version of our Win 2008 SBS Operating system.

Drive is not in a server but shouldn't matter which system.

When it tried to boot with Ultimate Boot I get a grey and white screen message saying hard drive next hard drive and it just makes PC beep, doesn't find the drive.
(Believe I successfully repair boot loader with DOS commands, but cannot test if I did it right with UB issue.)

Even though in Bios it is the only disk I have connected for system to boot to.

How does one use this function or just get rid of it.

What amongst all the tools of UB is the right one for what I am trying to achieve.

That is make this drive bootable.

For those not ware Win 2008 SBS Standard is the same OS as Vista 64bit.

Would like to access the drive fully as backups Window’s and other program made of main drive for our server failed during a Migration to 2012 version and stuffed up my DC and Forest for Exchange emails settings.

Thanks

The Piney

Re: Newbie Question. UB Next HD during boot etc

#2 Post by The Piney » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am

Check this out ---> https://www.supergrubdisk.org/super-grub2-disk/

A version is included in UBCD under HDD/Boot Management or you can download the newest version that recently came out.

You could also try PLoP, which I've also used in the past which will be in the same menu area.