Live CD environment

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Swiso

Live CD environment

#1 Post by Swiso » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Hello !
I am new to this site and I am not an expert PC guy....
I have a problem...I would like to upgrade the firmware of an SSD drive, a Corsair Force F160, but the tool for doing it cannot see the drive.
I checked for this problem on the Corsair forum and I saw this post :

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91565

They suggest to try a "Live CD environment" using UBCD...
Now...since I don't know what to do...could someone suggest me what I should do ?
Thank You very much for the help !

Regards
AA

Swiso

Re: Live CD environment

#2 Post by Swiso » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Sorry ! I think I posted on the wrong forum...I have Win 7 and this is only for DOS Linux...

ady

#3 Post by ady » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

You are correct about the wrong forum, but not because of Win Seven.

Quoting that post you linked to:
1) In case you didn't read thoroughly through the instructions: you should right click the updater tool and click run as administrator. Despite if your account on Windows has administrative attributes or not, you still need to do this.

2) If you already tried that and it still doesn't work, I recommend trying a Live CD environment such as Hiren's Boot CD or UBCD4Win, especially if the drive you are trying to update is the one that contains your OS.

3) As a last resort if those do not work, try deleting all the partitions on the drive and doing a secure erase. Make sure you backup your contents first!
And this is the original UBCD, not UBCD4WIN.

But probably posting in corsair's forum is the best/first option you have, even before posting at UBCD4WIN's forum.

Swiso

#4 Post by Swiso » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Yes..even for that reason !
My mistake !

I tried to ask on the Corsair forum but they told me that they cannot give me support for other products ( ..see programs..)

Sorry and Thank You.