[Request] Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

MichaelBow

[Request] Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

#1 Post by MichaelBow » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:51 am

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 is designed to scan and disinfect x86 and x64-compatible computers that have been infected. The application should be used when the infection is so severe that it is impossible to disinfect the computer using anti-virus applications or malware removal utilities (such as Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) running under the operating system.

In this case, disinfection is more efficient because malware programs do not gain control when the operating system is being loaded. In the emergency repair mode, you can only start objects scan tasks, update databases roll back updates and view statistics.

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 allows performing the following actions:

Configure objects scan settings:
change security level
change actions to be performed on detected objects
create a scan scope
change types of objects to be scanned
limit scan time
configure scan of compound files
change a scan method
set default settings
Configure databases update settings:
select an update source
specify proxy-server settings
specify regional settings
roll back to previous databases
Configure additional settings:
select detection of specific threat types
create a trusted zone
configure notifications settings
specify time of storing reports
specify time of storing Quarantine and Backup objects
Create a report on scan and update tasks.
View statistics about applican's functioning.

This auto updates antivirus signatures itself which is great for a tool like this to keep up. The ISO download link is http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/re ... cue_10.iso

Please add that to the antiviruses if at all possible. Thanks

The Piney

Re: [Request] Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

#2 Post by The Piney » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:02 pm

At 317MB, that's a very large increase in the size of the disc. It wouldn't be a problem if using a DVD or USB drive but definitely would no longer fit on a CD. You could try adding it to UBCD yourself or adding to a multiboot USB or similar. I use it (Kav_rescue) on a multiboot USB drive which I create using Yumi.

Yumi -> http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multi ... b-creator/

Yumi is constantly being updated to support newer Linux distros and other tools.

Explorer09

Re: [Request] Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

#3 Post by Explorer09 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:56 pm

I just did an experiment to the rescue disk. It seems that the disk is based on a Gentoo LiveCD. Now this gives me an idea: is it possible to convert this rescue disk into a PMagic module? I know this will be a difficult task and it might be against Kaspersky's license, so I won't do this.