update or change

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

rzmuda

update or change

#1 Post by rzmuda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:23 am

Would like to see a part of this that supports imaging and partition control on windows and mac raid volumes. The parted magic version in it now appears to not.

Also a ubcd like that works with windows 8 and 7 like the old win one did.

Victor Chew

Re: update or change

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Don't have experience with Mac RAID volumes, but to my limited knowledge, GPartEd does work on Windows RAID volumes, at least on older versions of Windows Server. But an open-source project like GPartEd is always playing catchup with the commercial companies due to the proprietary nature of their filesystems.

UBCD for Windows is a totally different project from UBCD. I should have asked the project founder to use a different name really, my mistake. It is a project based on WinPE that boots a customized version of Windows off a CD or USB drive and so can run various Windows apps.

UBCD, on the other hand, is totally about DOS apps, floppy images and Linux distro. Totally no Windows apps involved.

rzmuda

#3 Post by rzmuda » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:42 am

I think the version in ubcd doesn't as I got ftp errors and it showed 3 disks instead of 1 for the raid I had created.

What other ubcd and WinPE projects could gave something like this that work work with my image from ubcd and parted magic and have a gparted like system?

Victor Chew

#4 Post by Victor Chew » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:00 pm