No 64-bit stress testing?!

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

JDługosz

No 64-bit stress testing?!

#1 Post by JDługosz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 am

Running Prime95 27-you-mean-28, I noticed it was only using 2½GB of RAM. I believe this indicates it's running in 32-bit mode. I want to stress test in x86-64, because

[*] the integrated RAM controller needs to use all the DIMMs,
[*] there are twice as many XMM registers
[*] various modules within the core will not be used

My current ailing machine seems to have a problem with the integral memory controller, not the DRAM itself. For overclocking, stable vs unstable can vary depending on just how hard it's working. 64-bit code can push the memory IO ports harder.

It appears to be hard to find any bootable image for this purpose that is 64-bit. Could that be added to UBCD?

Explorer09

Re: No 64-bit stress testing?!

#2 Post by Explorer09 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:28 am

Currently, the CPUstress has only 32-bit image. There is no plan to build a 64-bit image, even though it's possible. The main reason is that I have no time.
I am going to need someone to have a special 64-bit kernel configured and built for that. The rest of the parts will be easy.

zerowalker

Re: No 64-bit stress testing?!

#3 Post by zerowalker » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 am

Was just going to ask this and saw it has been asked for;p

How is it coming along, had any time etc?

Cause i noticed the same, it would be ideal to have prime95 64bit for full stress test without having any interference from the OS.

I thought that it was a simple thing to do as a very simple programmet (compile as 64bit), but from what you said it seems more complex which sucks.

Thanks for great tool nonetheless:)