EDD: Error 3200 reading sector 180122. Initial menu has no..

Report new bugs here, or look at known issues of current and previous releases of UBCD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

maxence

EDD: Error 3200 reading sector 180122. Initial menu has no..

#1 Post by maxence » Mon May 28, 2012 8:48 am

Hello everybody,

I am completly new on this and I need your help to fix a big problem.
So sorry in advance for asking maybe a stupid question

I'm facing a CELAS VIRUS and I need to recover my files first before eventualy reinstal my system. I have critical data I'm working on for more than one year! I'm using Windows Vista 32bit (SP3 I think!) with a basic HP Pavilion (Processor AMD ATHON). I don't have the original CD install of Vista as it is an remanufactured computer commercialized by HP on Ebay.

Here is my problem:

When I try at computer start to boot UBCD with a CD, an error occurs and displays the following message:

"
ISOLINUX 4.04 2011-04-18 ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2011 H. Peter Anvin et al
EDD: Error 3200 reading sector 180122.
Initial menu has no LABEL entries!
Boot:_
"

The fact is that I cannot have access to Windows due to the virus; so I use another computer to work on it.

Is there anyone who can help me to fix the problem pls?

Is this a compatibility problem with Vista?

Do I need to modify "LABEL entries"? If yes, which ones??

Many Many thank in advance for your precious reply

Regards

Maxence

ady

Re: EDD: Error 3200 reading sector 180122. Initial menu has

#2 Post by ady » Mon May 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Either your optical media (CD or DVD) was burnt incorrectly, or the media itself is damaged, or your optical drive has some problem to read the media, or you downloaded the wrong ISO.

For any of such problems, there is already enough info published, whether in the forum, or in the main website (FAQs, tutorials, troubleshooting...) or in the wiki.

Having said that, if what you want is to retrieve the important files first, I would suggest using some other method instead of http://www.ultimatebootcd.com (which is the main website of this specific project).

You could try with some free security LIVE CD / UFD (AVG, AVIRA, others) or some other type of tool that would be more comfortable for such task (for example, PartedMagic is included in UBCD, but it can also be used separately). I would suggest to try with security - related tools first.

Good luck.