CD not in SmartBoot or Changing HDD to SATA in Bios help

Note: If you are looking for information on UBCD4Win (UBCD for Windows), YOU HAVE COME TO THE WRONG PLACE!

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

louhazosc

CD not in SmartBoot or Changing HDD to SATA in Bios help

#1 Post by louhazosc » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

I have just DLed UBCD and I can tell its awesome but I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction to a tutorial.

I grabbed a Sony Vaio laptop (PCG-71312L) that was being tossed at my work because it said "Operating System not found" so I figured no big deal, just pop on WinXP or a new HD. Win XP because that's all I had at the moment.
Just put in a Samsung HM321HI/Y HD
First error was a BSOD with 0x0000007B (0xF&8DA63C, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) OK, so I have a hard rive issue and probably need to change the Hard Drive settings to SATA in BIOS. Well, the Sony Vaio Bios is very limited.
Next attempt - get a Windows 7 disk and try booting from that to get past the drivers and any issues. That got me to an "Cannot read CD - Error Code 5"

So that got me to finding out about UBCD here with these instructions:
Download the Ultimate Boot CD. DONE
Burn it to a CD (see the tutorials if don’t know how to do this). DONE
Insert the Ultimate Boot CD in your DVD drive and boot the PC. Of course you need to make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the DVD and not the hard drive.
In the Ultimate Boot CD, go to Filesystem Tools->Boot Managers->Smart BootManager FOUND IT AND DONE
Once the Smart BootManager is loaded, take out the Ultimate Boot CD and put in your Windows 7 DVD. DONE
Now scroll down to CD0 and hit ENTER. UMMMM, THAT AIN'T LISTED...CRAP

Yeah - CD0 isn't there. Just the floppy, HDD, and external.

So can someone point me to a tutorial or road map on either how to
1. get the CD0 recognized in Smart Boot Manager or
2. Change my HDD setting for a Samsung HDD from IDE to SATA

I have been bouncing around quite a bit in UBCD and not really getting anywhere towards finding how to change the HDD around.

THis is a great product and looking forward to using it a lot. Thanks