UBCD How to Install - also, Run Other Software?

Note: If you are looking for information on UBCD4Win (UBCD for Windows), YOU HAVE COME TO THE WRONG PLACE!

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

aubreymh

UBCD How to Install - also, Run Other Software?

#1 Post by aubreymh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:29 am

I downloaded and unzipped UBCD. Now what do I do? I don't see any install instructions.

If I burn UBCD to a CD and boot with it, will I be able to run other software (such as a virus checker like VIPER-repair or Malawarebyte) from another drive? I have a virus (I suspect) on my Win 7 desktop, and I need to boot from a CD and run the virus check software. Can I do that?

Thanks.

The Piney

Re: UBCD How to Install - also, Run Other Software?

#2 Post by The Piney » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Check here first: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

As stated, you have to burn the ISO image to a CD. (Not copy file, you have to burn the image to disc.)

The included Parted Magic has some virus scanners included.

As far as running other programs from another drive, some may work and others not, just give it a shot. If the programs are Windows based, they will not work as the project is Linux/FreeDOS based.

aubreymh

#3 Post by aubreymh » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks. I know I have to burn it to the CD. Do I burn the unzipped file UBCD4WinV360 to the CD? Or do I have to run it first?

Another question about these forums: I always check "Notify me when a reply is posted", but I never get an email telling me that.

The Piney

#4 Post by The Piney » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Ahhh, your at the wrong forum. You want -> http://ubcd4win.com/forum/

As far as UBCD4Win, you install it by double clicking the UBCD4WinV360.exe file that was extracted. After installation you build a CD/DVD/USB using your XP source and the project. You can get more information on the UBCD4Win site.

Note: Many tools available in both the UBCD and UBCD4Win projects can cause loss of data if used incorrectly.