Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD

Note: If you are looking for information on UBCD4Win (UBCD for Windows), YOU HAVE COME TO THE WRONG PLACE!

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

BlakeInOH

Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD

#1 Post by BlakeInOH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 am

Hey Everyone,

I've downloaded about 6 different files from mirror sites but I can never find the .exe file on my HD to open the builder. I'm running a standard Dell Optiplex 755, 2GHz, with WinXP, service pack 3, and NTFS file system. I've tried extracting the download with WinRar, WinZip and 7-Zip File Manager. I can see all of the folders that were extracted, but when I go to 'ubcd' subfolder, the .exe is nowhere to be found. I've searched through every folder to no avail. I've watched a number of tutorial vids and every time someone downloads the file, their .exe is easily found. I can only think that my computer isn't recognizing correct file paths, but I don't seem to have any issues with other files such as pdf, jpeg, etc. The only thing I see that remotely looks like the 'builder' is a ubcd file with a half, orange-ish disc icon next to it. When I open that it's only an image file. Any ideas? I can try to provide further information if needed. Thanks a lot!

Blake

Icecube

Re: Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD

#2 Post by Icecube » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 am

UBCD doesn't come in exe form, but in the form of an ISO image that is meant to be burned to a CD-R(W).
Maybe you wanted UBCD4Win, which comes in exe form.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2864
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

BlakeInOH

Re: Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD

#3 Post by BlakeInOH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and got the UBCD4Win and will try that. I really wanted the newest version but I don't think I'm tech-savvy enough. If anyone can throw any suggestions out there as to what I can do, please let me know. I've actually downloaded PowerISO since then, but haven't gone back and tried to download version 5 yet.