toshiba satellite fingerprint scan bypass?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

daddiorc

toshiba satellite fingerprint scan bypass?

#1 Post by daddiorc » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:29 am

cpu type: toshiba satellite u200
model #: PLUA0C-PT300E

when i start up the cpu, it takes me directly to the fingerprint scanner. it gives me the option to either scan or enter the password to enter to bios. obviously, i have neither. haha.

any ideas on how i can bypass either level to reformat? is there an app on the ubd that can help me unlock this laptop? if so, please give me detailed instructions.

i've heard that reseting the motherboard would work, but i'm not that great with the inners of laptops. so i'd like to do that as a last resort.

i've also heard something about a hiron boot disc, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

ps - the seller moved out of the country, so can't get a hold of him anymore.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:21 am

You can contact Toshiba and possibly get info on this. The person you purchased this from should have given you a password. The problem I have with giving any further info on this is that I cannot confirm that you bought this from the original/legit owner and it would just make it too easy for someone to bypass the security for what could be an illegally obtained laptop.

As far as the boot disk you mentioned it is full of pirated software and I'll give no further info on that as well.