CMOS Error on a Toshiba A15-S129

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ericb

CMOS Error on a Toshiba A15-S129

#1 Post by ericb » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Before I buy this CD I'd like some feedback on whether or not my problem can be solved with it. I inherited an A15-S129 that had been sitting in a box for three years. Previous owner (my sister) swears that it worked before she put it in the box. Had to buy a new AC adapter. Got the proverbial "RTC battery is low or CMOS checksum is inconsistent" message. Hitting F1 does nothing. Changed out the RTC battery. Still nothing. DVD spins up on startup and a peripheral keyboard lights up but does not work. Switched out and reseated RAM and basically cleaned it up inside. Still nothing. Question: Will this CD boot from an error screen like I have described?
Eric

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:13 pm

First off, you don't have to buy this CD unless you want to support Victor's hard work. You can download it free and burn to CD and your all set.

Next - Can you get into the laptop's BIOS? Press F12 immediately after hitting the power button..

If you can't get into the BIOS try disconnecting the hard drive and any other components you can and see if it will allow you into the BIOS - if so just hit default and try rebooting. If it gives you a different error like no OS found or such, reconnect the components and go back into the BIOS and hit defaults again. That may get you going...

Hope that helps...

Victor Chew

#3 Post by Victor Chew » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:41 pm

First off, you don't have to buy this CD unless you want to support Victor's hard work. You can download it free and burn to CD and your all set.
A small correction: You don't really support UBCD by buying the physical CD. Most of the money goes to SwiftCD anyway.

If your true intention is to support the UBCD project, make a small donation instead. But this is strictly optional. I encourage you, if possible, to download the digital bits instead of buying the physical CD.