Need help getting started

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

BBURGESS16

Need help getting started

#1 Post by BBURGESS16 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 am

I looked through past postings to see if I could get some quick insight on my missing/corrupted file issue. I read in another user's post that he might have the wrong UBCD, so I downloaded the UBCD4WIN, as my operating system is Windows XP. I burned the file to a CD and inserted it into the laptop that's giving me the error (...file is missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system) and it does not load. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BB

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:22 pm

With UBCD4Win, you have to build the CD/DVD image. To build you have to run the program and direct the source to your xp source files (you should copy the XP CD to the hard drive) and after selecting the plugins to include you select build. Check out the site and forum for UBCD4Win for more information on building.

BBURGESS16

#3 Post by BBURGESS16 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:56 am

How do I direct the image to my source file if windows won't boot?

The Piney

#4 Post by The Piney » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:40 pm

That's the catch 22. You need to have a working system to build the ISO. Do you have another system you can use or a friend that can help you out?

My suggestion is you use a Linux distro like the Parted Magic included in UBCD or another and save the data you want off the problem system and reload/restore the drive.