Invalid OPcode with most apps on ultimate boot cd

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

jadi929

Invalid OPcode with most apps on ultimate boot cd

#1 Post by jadi929 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi, I have a lenovo g530 that has a bios password and a hard disk password. Both of which i don't know. When I bought it, i was told it had a "password" on it, so I assumed it was just like a windows pass or something.

Anyway, I took out the 160gb WD hard drive that has the password on it, and I ran UBCD on a memory stick. At start up, i choose to boot from the usb drive, and it works fine. Then I ran !bios to clear the bios password but I get something like "invalid opcode". This is the same with almost any other application I run from UBCD.

Now when I put the hard drive in and try to boot from the flash drive, it doesn't let me. After a few seconds on start up, it asks me the hard drive password before I can get to the boot menu.

Any help? I think if I can atleast clear the bios pass I may be able to clear the hd password.

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 am

Get UBCD50RC1. It should solve the Invalid Opcode messages of FreeDOS that you see.
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

jadi929

#3 Post by jadi929 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:49 am

Icecube wrote:Get UBCD50RC1. It should solve the Invalid Opcode messages of FreeDOS that you see.
ok i'll try that! lets hope it works

btw, does it have anything with ubcd being on a flash drive?

jadi929

#4 Post by jadi929 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks for the help, I used ubcd50rc and it worked fine. Was able to clear the bios password with wipecmos.

Now to see if I can clear the hdd password. Thanks for the help