Guys help! What do I do first?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

awake

Guys help! What do I do first?

#1 Post by awake » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Guys I need your help! I was on my laptop and I wanted to quickly turn it off, I hit the shutdown button and it said "1 out of 24 updates" I said screw it I'm not waiting for updates and held the shutdown button for 5 seconds, now when i start it, all it shows is the first window with the press f2 press f12 message and the laptops logo, after that its a blank screen and it just sits there.

I had asked some people earlier what to do and they said reinstall windows, I tried that and it blue screened with this error "*** stop: 0x0000007B (0xF78DA63C, 0xC0000034, 0x000000000, 0x000000000"

They had said I would need to use a third party program like ultimate boot cd, I will use it, I just need to know what to do once I have it for this error.

Thanks in advance!

StopSpazzing

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Hello, welcome to the forums. If you are running any version of windows you can easily do a repair to the operating system by inserting the windows install disc and select repair option for vista and windows 7, or for windows xp, you have to go through the setup until it asks you to install xp with format options or repair the current xp build. Choose the repair option and should repair your windows at the cost of unfortunately having to wait to dl and install every update again.

It would be wise in the future to read the warnings about "Installing updates...Please do not shut off PC"

Or, if you have select few OEM machines, such as HP,Dell,Toshiba and so forth, you may have an option to format machine and return it to factory defaults by pressing one of the f keys at bios screen. This is a last resort option as you will LOSE ALL YOUR DATA. If this is the only option you have (dont have install dics available), boot from UBCD and run Parted Magic. When it has started up, mount your primary hard drive, most likely "/dev/sda" and you will have access to your whole drive so you can backup all the important files first, before doing the complete wipe of your HD.

Let me know if you have any more questions and let us know if it works or not. Good Luck
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.