i must be REAL stupid...

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

phyro

i must be REAL stupid...

#1 Post by phyro » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:04 pm

where is the ISO file. i dl'ed the full version and extracted it. now what do i do? lol i must sound like a real idiot...

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:11 pm

Check out the FAQ called " How do I create the Ultimate Boot CD from the ISO image file?" at:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/faq.html

nightslide

Also stupid?

#3 Post by nightslide » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Hi there,
I'm also feeling rather stupid, as I also downloaded the full version.
When I extracted it (using the exe), it made it into a RAR file.
I extracted the files from the RAR, and it gave me several directories, but no ISO.
I'm assuming that I can just burn those direct to a CD, but was a little concerned if I was missing a step.
I'm not a newbie, and I've burned CDs before (both from ISO and from scratch), but, just curious if I'm missing something...

Thanks for your help. The program looks FANTASTIC, and will definately become stored in my 'toolbox'.

Don

SteelTrepid

#4 Post by SteelTrepid » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:40 pm

When you extract the EXE it should create an ISO file. Do you have "hide extensions for know file types" turned on?? The extension may be hidden because of this setting. WinRAR does extract ISO images. Depending on the file associations for WinRAR (when you installed it) it is probably setup to be associated with this file type, so it will look like a WinRAR file. Did you try right clicking the file and checking it's properties? I really think the file you have IS an ISO file. Have you tried burning that ISO image yet? If it does have the .iso extension then your burning software should list it when you look for the ISO file to burn.