UBCD halting when loading keybrd.cab

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

silverwolf0

UBCD halting when loading keybrd.cab

#1 Post by silverwolf0 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:52 pm

Hello. I am having a little problem with UBCD that I've never had before. Although there's nothing wrong with my system per se, I am running into a few troubles right now. The first thing is that there is this pesky 0 byte file on my desktop, created from a canceled firefox download, that won't delete itself. I can't delete it in safe mode. Then I tried using my winxp cd and seeing if I could access the recovery console from the cd. It would get to the point where it says loading windows and then get stuck there. Next I tried using an older UBCD I had on hand. Whenever I try to access a program and UBCD starts loading all the necessary files to run it and you see all the popup menus that disappear after a few seconds, the popup menu for the US keyboard pops up, disappears, and then it is stuck at loading the keybrd.cab file or something like that. The cursor blinks indefinitely and the cd spins down and stops spinning. I have to do a cold boot to turn it off. What could be the problem?