Who really owns UBCD???

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

SteelTrepid

Who really owns UBCD???

#1 Post by SteelTrepid » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:15 pm

I am really not trying to be a jerk. The real reason for this post is frustration!!

While I hate wasting time reporting "bad auctions" in eBay for my own project....UBCD for Windows. I have found a few interesting issues in a fight with one seller. I can't report UBCD sales because Victor doesn't have the time and/or want the frustration of fighting.

This seller was selling UBCD but for some stupid reason was using my "UBCD for Windows" graphic in his auctions. I confirmed what they were shipping because a friend of mine purchased a CD from them. In the fight that ensued, they claim they have copyright on UBCD dating back to 2002 and copyright on MY graphic dating back to 2002???

So my point? It just makes me sick at the fact that others copyright and/or lie about dates so they can claim copyright on something. Why do people have to rip us all off?? Why can't the "nice" people that do this to help people make the money they deserve, instead of a***ole con-artists???

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:44 pm

I understand your frustration, but I don't really see how these anti-social leeches can be stopped. It will just increase all the negative energy that could be put to more productive use.

It's like trying to stop spammers from flooding your mailbox with junk. No can do. :(