My Vaio and "Operating system not found"

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

tomym617

My Vaio and "Operating system not found"

#1 Post by tomym617 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:15 pm

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop that i was running Windows ME on. I was in the middle of playing a game and left the room, and when I returned my cat came running past me and my computer was restarting. When it finished restarting the error read "operating system not found".

This is not the first computer that I have had this problem with, infact it is the third, but the other two were desktops. After the first one I hooked the hard drive up the the second one and it showed that the second partition of the first hard was the only partition on the hard drive. I didn't have another one to try the second computers hard drive on.

I haven't tried using anything other than reinstalling the hard drive and OS on the two desktops, as of yet. But the two computers were also downstairs where the cats were at. I didn't think anything about the cats having done anything until the Laptop when i saw the cat come running out of the room. I think the cat walking on the keyboard did something to erase the hard drive or something. Not sure about it but... they don't work now.

I tried to reinstall the OS and reformat the hard drive and it gave some error about no fixed drive present and automatically restarted. I tried to use the UBCD and got an error that read "Error Getting Hard Disk Paramaters".

I have tried to go into Bios and the auto detect hard drive function doesn't detect anything. I tried to set the parameters of the hard drive based on the disk size I could remember, and nothing. I took the computer apart to try and see if the hard disk parameters were listed on the outer casing of the drive. They weren't. What I did get was that the hard disk was made by Fujitsu, and the info about the drive are as follows:

Model: MHM2100AT ID: HF IN
Part No: CA05429-B59200SN
SER NO: 01084035 Date 2001-03
Rating +5v -0.55A
Rev No: A 0123456789 (with 2 lines running through the 0,1,2, and 3)
CANF25 30 E -5823

Aside from all this I haven't been able to get anything to work on it. Is there a version of UBCD that has a Fujitsu Disk Drive installation program? Has anyone else had the same problem or similar problem with a laptop? Anyone have any suggestions? Because I am open to anything.

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:14 am

You might want to try the Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool, which is included on the UBCD:

[F2] Hard Disk Tools
Right arrow [Hard Disk Tools 2/5]
[F2] Diagnostic Tool V6.30

Use it to check whether your HDD had died.

tomym617

#3 Post by tomym617 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 am

I tried the Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool, and it said that my HDD wasn't there. So I took and unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was still saying that it wasn't there, and to check the cables, power, and the pins.