Apps won't run - isolinux disk error 32

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

SlingShot

Apps won't run - isolinux disk error 32

#1 Post by SlingShot » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:24 am

Hi there,

I've just downloaded and burnt this fantastic boot disk, but none of the applications will load as the ISOLINUX image loader fails with the following error:
isolinux: Disk error 32, ax=4212, drive 9f

Boot failed: press a key to retry..
I have tried re-burning the image at a lower write speed and with a different burning tool but the same error occurs each time. I've also tried with two different CD writers (to burn and to boot on).

My system has a floppy drive in it and so this is all enabled in bios. Turning this off didn't help either.

Any idea what might be causing it to fail?

Would appreciate any pointers on this.

Thanks,
James

SlingShot

#2 Post by SlingShot » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:09 am

Just to add some extra strangeness to this problem, I just tried the disk on a totally different PC and got the same error but with a disk error 20 code.

Could this be a burning issue (though I've used two different burning programs and tried different burners.. weirddddd).

baronvonfoxbat7734

#3 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:11 am

What apps did you use to burn? I would reciommend if you have not used it IMGBURN. It is free and is a very small download. It is the best app I have seen for people who get confused how to work with ISO's and even for the more advanced as all it does is work with ISO's. There is no confusion in using it.

This cuold also be something completely differant and I may have given the wrong advice. I am not sure about the isolinux errors...

Did you modify the disk or leave it in it's ISO form and burn the ISO? Was the download a complete download and the MD5 hash match up?

SlingShot

#4 Post by SlingShot » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:52 am

Ok, problem solved.

I just burnt the full version of UBCD and that worked fine - no errors and all apps run great.

Still confused as to why the basic version doesn't work for me though.

Thanks for an awesome tool - everyone should have this in their toolkit.