Burn Hard drive image to disc

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Dharma_bum07

Burn Hard drive image to disc

#1 Post by Dharma_bum07 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:44 am

First off, I just wanted to say that "Ultimate Boot CD" is an excellent product & more so than anything else I've ever found online, it does exactly what it says it supposed to do!
I used 1 of the programs on UBD, to copy data from a damaged hard drive to a clean drive & it worked great! My question is... is there a utility in the UBD or anywhere else, to create an image of the hard drive & burn it do disc? I know that Norton has a program called partition magic, but I really didn't like the way it operated & I really want to all together get away from Norton products. I'm a part time technician & people always ask me "how do I back up my system?". The obvious answer I always tell them is they should be burning "data" cd's of all their important text files, images, etc. Then they look at me w/ a "dear in the headlights" look & say: "a data cd???" I've also read that Nero had, or used to have the capability to create an image of your hard drive. Once again, I'd like to find something thats independent of programs like Nero, & Norton. I occasionally use Linux & am familiar w/ working from the command line, however if possible, I'd like to find something that that I could use inside windows, that has a simple gui which would allow me to create a bootable image of the hard drive. Thanks, for your time. :)

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:02 am

To save your system, you should look into the Partition Tools, such as Partition Saving.
Don't remember for sure if UBCD includes CD burning software, though (CDRTools ?)
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Dharma_bum07

#3 Post by Dharma_bum07 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:34 pm

I'll Check that out. Thanks so much! :)

wingfin

Re: Burn Hard drive image to disc

#4 Post by wingfin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:15 pm

This is a very useful project!

A backup tool to span dvd from a dos program on the UBCD would make users even more appreciative to the fine work the UBCD crew has done.

but in the meantime we users have to make due with what else is out there...

I found this listing useful
http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Backup/

=>