[UBCD 4.1.1] Bug with USB keyboards and mice

Report new bugs here, or look at known issues of current and previous releases of UBCD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

arnauden

[UBCD 4.1.1] Bug with USB keyboards and mice

#1 Post by arnauden » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi,

I've encountered problems with UBCD 4.1.1 and USB keyboards and mice.

After UBCD has booted and displayed the main menu, the USB keyboard doesn't work anymore... If you use a PS/2 keyboard plugged in a PS/2 slot, there's no problem anymore.

There's also a problem between USB mice and Cute Mouse driver, when Cute Mouse is loading, if a USB mouse is plugged, it crashes and never finishes to load... There's no problem if you use a PS/2 mouse plugged in a PS/2 slot.

I've tried with different models of computers : Compaq Evo D510 ePC, Dell Optiplex GX620 and Dell Optiplex GX745, the same problem occurs with all of them. If you use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse with a PS/2 to USB adaptor and you plug it in the USB slot of the computer, the problem also occurs. To work properly, you must plug a PS/2 input device in the PS/2 slot of the computer.

Conclusion : there's an incompatibility between UBCD 4.1.1 and USB input devices.

While reading the different topics in the "Support & Troubleshooting" section, I've noticed that other people experienced the same kind of problem.

Cordially,
Arnaud

arnauden

#3 Post by arnauden » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:32 am

Hi,

Your tip has solved my problem :D I've activated the "Legacy mode" for the USB ports in the BIOS and now the USB keyboards work properly in UBCD.

For me it's a big relief because all my machines are linked to a KVM switch, so I can use only one keyboard/mouse/screen for several machines. And now it works normally (before I was forced to use a PS/2 keyboard/mouse for old computers in addition to my USB keyboard/mouse for recent computers).

Thanks a lot ! :D

Arnaud