WD Diag freeze

Report new bugs here, or look at known issues of current and previous releases of UBCD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

silicon83

WD Diag freeze

#1 Post by silicon83 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Hello,

I would like to congratulate you for an great utility. You make working with PCs easy.

I hope you are still on this project. If not, would you consider making it open source. A new version should be released at least for memtest and a few other programs that dont work with new rigs.

My problem is when I start WD's diagnostic programs, they often freeze at the EULA with a box at the top of the screen. The text doesnt fill in the box and esc doesnt help. I have tried the very safe option.

Many types of systems with many peripherals and hardware configurations exhibit this.

Thank you,
Ryan Lewis
Last edited by silicon83 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 am

Are you getting any errors? Have you downloaded the software and run it independently from UBCD? Are you using a USB mouse/keyboard?

Any info. helps...

silicon83

#3 Post by silicon83 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 am

I receive no errors and it is many systems. The newer versions of WD Diag work.

P.S. For anyone interested, open source is something that would help everyone move this project into production again. If anyone knows the original author or can provide an updated alternative please let us know.