Hardware Vendor Dos/Diags/Bios Flash UBCD Integration?

If you have a tutorial or tip related to the UBCD, why not share it with other users here?

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

wburling

Hardware Vendor Dos/Diags/Bios Flash UBCD Integration?

#1 Post by wburling » Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Hello,

I work doing hardware warranty replacements on various vendors such as sony, dell,ibm,hp,toshiba,etc...

I really have a few questions, but first, here is what my need is:

To be able to have one source, such as a DVD or Flash drive ( I prefer flash drive) to boot to dell, sony, and IBM diags or BIOS updates and update the BIOS as well as use the asset tag tool for dell, and the maint disk tool for IBM and or as needed any other dos bas type tools.

I have been trying to use the "Customization info" and tried to convert a .iso to .img file format and put it in the custom folder but when I choose the img file from the list, I just hear the cd-rom spin up for a few seconds and then stop.

I know what I want to do is easy, and I know it can be done, I am just not sure how to do it, and/or if the UBCD is the best tool to accomplish what I need. The UBCD seems like a great tool kit already and I sure would like to just integrate this into the current UBCD.

Please do not assume a high level of knowledge as I have seen some of the posts from ppl here who must be linux gurus and coders...If you tell me how to do it, I can do it, I can tweak files, codes, etc... but I cannot figure out how to code something myself.

Anything in Windows I can pretty much figure out, and I am familiar with winimage, rar,iso injecters, and many other tools so I will do my best without someone having to baby me the whole way! ;)

TIA,
Wayne