I was having trouble installing UBCD to USB HDD so modified the install script slightly. The script after modifications works great for USB sticks and USB HDDs.
format "%a2%" /FS:fat32 /V:%VOLUME_ID% /x /q
"%~dp0\syslinux" -ma -d boot\syslinux %a2% -f
xcopy "%a1%\*" %a2% /s /h /q
Notice the removed volume label? Thats because windows will want you to type in the volume label during format. Removing the label allows to proceed normally. Also added "-f" to force install in the syslinux part (otherwise it complains about it being a non removal HDD.
I also have put together a prep-guide of what you need to do to the USB HDD before running the install script:
Only required on USB HDDs! Don’t use on USB STICKS!
1. Run administrator command prompt
3. list disk
4. select Disk 1 (Replace 1 with number reflecting your USB Drive)
5. clean ----- NOTE: THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA AND PARTITIONS OFF THE DRIVE.
6. create partition primary size=16000 - I choose 16GB but its up to you
7. select partition 1
8. format fs=fat32 quick
11. You now have a 16GB partition that we can install GoldStick to.
Is it possible to integrate the Dispart portion into the script (assume you would have to indicate whether you installing to a USB stick or USB HDD in the beginning though).