Question about UEFI

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

kapple01

Question about UEFI

#1 Post by kapple01 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:27 am

I've been looking for a bootable CD product for years and finally came across information on UBCD. I just got a new computer running Windows 8.1 and have already managed to mangle it :oops: My understanding is that this computer is UEFI based instead of BIOS based (I didn't even know that BIOS was being phased out). I was wondering if UBCD is compatible with UEFI.

Thanks,
~Ken
Last edited by StopSpazzing on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected title for easier finding for other users.

ady

Re: Question about UEFI

#2 Post by ady » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:23 am

UBCD currently is not capable of booting in pure UEFI.

In most UEFI systems, there is a so-called BIOS-compatibility mode (aka CSM).

You could temporarily set CSM so to boot UBCD, but any OS already installed in UEFI mode (not in CSM) will eventually require for you to set UEFI mode back on; otherwise it can not boot.

StopSpazzing

Re: Question about

#3 Post by StopSpazzing » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 pm

kapple01 wrote:I've been looking for a bootable CD product for years and finally came across information on UBCD. I just got a new computer running Windows 8.1 and have already managed to mangle it :oops: My understanding is that this computer is UEFI based instead of BIOS based (I didn't even know that BIOS was being phased out). I was wondering if UBCD is compatible with UEFI.

Thanks,
~Ken
Ady is correct, and mostly always is :lol:

How have you mangled it? It may be better to do a system refresh. if your computer fails to boot twice in win8.x will automatically boot into recovery and ask you how to continue, you are going to do a WIndows Refresh. No data will be lost, windows8 will be fixed and restored to a fresh install state. Maybe easier than using UBCD in this cause, but again, not sure what your problem is so cant tell.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.