Windows Boot Manager Only Bios Option?

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

wisnoskij

Windows Boot Manager Only Bios Option?

#1 Post by wisnoskij » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:40 am

Hello all,

Trying to boot to the UBCD to use wdidle3 on a usb ide hdd.

But my bios only has the option to boot to Windows Boot Manager. This is not how it used to be, and some cursory searches do not indicate how to boot to a dvd drive with this. I did reinstall windows recently, so that is probably when this changed. It had been a huge pain every time I reinstalled windows 10 for years now, I reformat a drive and it says it is not compatible and will not install, even tho it was literally installed in the partition 5 seconds ago. I think I remember having to mess with the bios last time to get it to boot and something about uefi. So I am thinking that I probably used to upgrade from windows 7, and that used some legacy boot stuff, and this was the first time I installed windows 10 directly and that is why the booting works differentially. But I should still be able to boot from a DVD drive.

Please advise.

wisnoskij

Re: Windows Boot Manager Only Bios Option?

#2 Post by wisnoskij » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:06 am

Needed to turn everything to legacy mode in the CSM submenu.

axtl84

UEFI GPT required Legacy BIOS CMS Boot Manager

#3 Post by axtl84 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:25 am

Hi,
I think UBCD is the single best solution to rescue the PC.Unfortunatelly my laptop does not support CMS anymore. ONLY UEFI. No Legacy support anymore.
Most Live CD support UFI. Ubuntu, Clonzilla, Hiren BCD, .... so I hope you can somehow port the software to GPT partition Table and make it UEFI ready.