Unable to get Boot-able usb data?

Note: If you are looking for information on UBCD4Win (UBCD for Windows), YOU HAVE COME TO THE WRONG PLACE!

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Johnsmily

Unable to get Boot-able usb data?

#1 Post by Johnsmily » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:24 am

I do PC repair/Data Recovery as a side job "Mostly for friends and family" and would like to use my Surface Pro tablet to do what my Laptop does; which is run UBCD. I have created a boot-able USB drive with UBCD "Ultimate Boot CD" on it and have successfully tested it on my Windows 10 desktop pc with UEFI Bios and it works perfectly, but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to run on my Surface Pro tablet.

I have used the advanced settings and it gives me the option to boot from USB drive or network drive and it shows my data stick as UEFI Kingston, but it won't run the UBCD, and I'm not getting any errors. I tried holding the Vol Down button and turning the device on and it still doesn't want to run. I'm at a loss as to what is preventing it from running. Secure boot control is disabled in my Bios and I have all my peripherals disconnected from the device including the SDXC card and power cable.

I know many of you might be wondering why would you want to run UBCD on a Surface Pro? Many of my clients come to me with faulty Hard drives and "Windows" 10 times out 11 won't even mount a faulty HDD unless you let it format it first. Many of the programs on the UBCD let you mount and pick through the HDD data for retrieval; even it's faulty. Also I have had client computers with a lot more problems than just the HDD and the use of my computer is essential, and what if in the future I need to diagnose a Surface Pro and retrieve data, taking the SSD out is little more difficult than on a traditional laptop. There must be a way to get UBCD to run. If anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
you might also like to download this best mobile shooting experience doodle army 2 to play with friends.

Johnsmily

Re: Unable to get Boot-able usb data?

#2 Post by Johnsmily » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:44 pm

Johnsmily wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:24 am I do PC repair/Data Recovery as a side job "Mostly for friends and family" and would like to use my Surface Pro tablet to do what my Laptop does; which is run UBCD. I have created a boot-able USB drive with UBCD "Ultimate Boot CD" on it and have successfully tested it on my Windows 10 desktop pc with UEFI Bios and it works perfectly, but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to run on my Surface Pro tablet.

I have used the advanced settings and it gives me the option to boot from USB drive or network drive and it shows my data stick as UEFI Kingston, but it won't run the UBCD, and I'm not getting any errors. I tried holding the Vol Down button and turning the device on and it still doesn't want to run.mini militia hackI'm at a loss as to what is preventing it from running. Secure boot control is disabled in my Bios and I have all my peripherals disconnected from the device including the SDXC card and power cable.

I know many of you might be wondering why would you want to run UBCD on a Surface Pro? Many of my clients come to me with faulty Hard drives and "Windows" 10 times out 11 won't even mount a faulty HDD unless you let it format it first. Many of the programs on the UBCD let you mount and pick through the HDD data for retrieval; even it's faulty. Also I have had client computers with a lot more problems than just the HDD and the use of my computer is essential, and what if in the future I need to diagnose a Surface Pro and retrieve data, taking the SSD out is little more difficult than on a traditional laptop. There must be a way to get UBCD to run. If anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
Thanks, my issue got resolved!
you might also like to download this best mobile shooting experience doodle army 2 to play with friends.